Danette tagged me for a List Five Random Things About Yourself meme, which is good because a blog-update was overdue and I seriously had no idea what to blog about. I almost blogged about walking to my Grandma’s to watch Survivor with her and having to turn around and go back home because it was too cold but I’m trying to pretend it’s not winter right now so I didn’t. Anyway. Thank you, Danette!
Five Random Things About Me
01. When I was younger, I had a horrible fear of natural disaster flicks/television specials and speculative disaster flicks/television specials. That included anything about tornadoes, space rocks hitting the earth, hostile alien takeovers and yep… volcanoes. YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED THAT, ADMIT IT. I don’t know how I grew out of it but it’s safe to say that I did. Minus hostile alien takeover flicks. Still not really keen on those.
02. When I was too young to know better, I was so afraid I would invoke Candyman, I covered all the mirrors in my room with blankets. I have my sister to thank for that. Thanks, BB! It’s a good thing you told me about Candyman! I could have gone my WHOLE LIFE without knowing about him! PHEW!
03. I’m afraid of being upside down, which is pretty awesome. It got me out of gym class in elementary school! And when it didn’t, my mom’s notes exusing me from gym did. Win-win.
04. The other night I had a dream that I was losing my hair. It stuck with me all day after I woke up. Dream Courtney was very upset about this turn of events. She kept washing it over and over and over and then pulling at it to see if any would come out. It was surprisingly distressing!
05. My favourite character in For Better or For Worse is Therese, Anthony’s ex-wife. She did a far, far smarter thing than Liz will ever do: leave Anthony.
And now I tag… YOU.
Betcha didn’t see that coming.